I’ve noticed how enticing baking has become at my house, and ever since lockdown has been in affect I can’t stop circling the kitchen. Is it just me or are you hungry all the time too? I’m finding new and innovative ways to make my favourite desserts, and boy is it ever delicious! So you’re thinking, “Just refrain from baking,” but you have to understand that baking is in by bones. I can’t do without a proper dessert – even if I only indulge from time to time.
For example, I do chocolate cakes right! For those who have tasted my chocolate delights, you know exactly what I mean. However, I will put a French spin on that recipe to take chocolate caking to a whole new level! It’s what a true baker would do just to up her game, and so I had to go there! Let me share a recipe with you that will make you “bring it” in your kitchen:
French Chocolate Cake
Caution: the scale button does not work for values in parenthesis.
- 4.4 ounces (125g) baking chocolate of good quality
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup (125g) salted or unsalted butter, diced
- 2/3 cup (125g) sugar
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, white and yolks apart
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease a 9-inch (23 cm) spring form.*
- In a medium-size saucepan place on low heat, melt the chocolate with the milk. Add the butter and allow to melt, stirring as needed.
- Turn off the heat, then add the sugar and the yolks, one at a time, stirring between each addition. Sift in the flour and stir well.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the whites with a pinch of salt until soft peaks form. Carefully incorporate to the chocolate mixture in two or three additions.
- Pour into the prepared spring form and bake for about 30-35 minutes.
* If using a bigger form, double the recipe proportions or multiply by at least 1.5%.
*Recipe taken from delscookingtwist.com
Some advice: Make just enough to share or you will feel obligated to polish it off all on your own! I’m so happy to share the chocolate love! Have fun with it, and happy Thursday everyone!